Wednesday 23 January 2013

Introduction to Creativity


Because people often find that working within constraints gives them something to exercise their creativity,  
How has something been created which fits with certain structures and rules (genre) but plays around with them to give us something a little bit different?
Any act of making something (even making an idea) might be seen as a creative act. 
Highly skilled or original (famous artists, musicians, film-makers etc).
How creativity can be an unconscious, random or collaborative act that becomes more than the sum of its parts.

Constraints:
At AS the type of product we made was a constraint because we had to make a music magazine. There was also a limit on time because it was part of the course which limited my creativity in some ways but also meant that I had to think creatively to get around these problems. 
At A2 we were told to make a digipak, advert and music video, so the types of products were again a constraint. For the music video especially, equipment and budget were a constraint we had to creatively work around. We also had a deadline, meaning there was a time limit on everything we did.

Genre:
In order to make our AS product different from everyone elses we had the freedom to choose our own genre. I chose rock for my genre because I am interested in this genre I felt as though I could be creative. 
At A2 the themes that I developed were also linked to the rock genre but had influences from pop and other genres too. This gave me more freedom to be creative.

Making:
For AS I created a front page, contents page and double page spread for a music magazine. For A2 we created a music video and two ancillary texts - a digipak and an advert.  

Original:
The choices that we did have at both AS and A2 allowed us to be creative. In order to be original from other work the genre and style of our work was very important. We also had the chance to challenge

Colloborative:
In A2 we worked in pairs. This meant that we had to work creatively together, bringing both our ideas into the mix and being flexible enough to change your initial ideas. It was also good because I got the chance to bounce ideas off of my partner meaning in the end our product was more creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment