Wednesday 20 February 2013

Task Two: How Did You Pastiche or Parody Any Other Media Texts?

Music Magazine:
I used bricolage when creating my music magazine because I copied a lot of ideas from 'Kerrang!' magazine. I adopted a lot of the conventions because it was the same genre as I was trying to create. I analysed the features and then tried to recreate them on my own work. I think in the end this paid off.

Music Video:
I also used bricolage in my music video because I took a lot of the ideas from existing rock/pop genre music videos. The ideas of mise en scene, colour and narrative were based on existing ideas so I think it made my video more believable.

Ancillary Tasks:
I also used bricolage for both of my ancilalry tasks because I again analysed the conventions of existing products of the same genre to mine and recreated them. The dark colour scheme and the images I used are very reminiscent of the rock genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment