Wednesday 6 February 2013

Working Individually or as Part of a Group

What did you learn about individual and teamwork?
I was hesitant at first to work in a group because I am usually a very independent worker and I feel that I produce my best work alone. However, at A2 with the music video I am definitely glad that I had a partner to work with. This meant that we could get a lot more done in the time given and we could each use our strengths to help each other out. I liked being able to work on the ancillary texts alone but the music video was made much easier by having someone else there.

What are the pros and cons?
The good things about working independently are that you can get on with the task at hand without having to agree on something with someone else, giving you more time. Usually the idea in your head will be very similar to your final product, so you know that you are happy with it. This isn't always a good thing though, because if you do have someone else working alongside you their input can make you final product a lot better. It's always good to have someone ask you questions about what you are doing in order to create your best work.

What main things have you learnt about group work at AS and A2 in terms of planning your product?
Planning takes longer when you work in a pair but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. A lot of the time when working independently I will have to change or edit my planning or refer back to the plan a lot because I didn't perhaps think of everything. When working in a pair the planning stage is a lot more detailed because the other person can pick out things you didn't think of. This means that once the planning is done, it's pretty final and there will be no need to go back and change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment