Wednesday 6 February 2013

Presentation of Research and Planning

How did you present your primary and secondary research on your blog?
For both AS and A2 I set the primary research out on my blog as a write up about what I had learnt from the feedback and what I could now change. For the secondary research I made posts including a lot of images that influenced me and that I could use as inspiration.

Did your presentation of audience feedback for example become more creative through your increased use of digital technology available for embedding on the blogs?
I mainly used blog posts but when I did the evaluation questions I used a lot of different formats for my answers. My audience feedback evaluation question was done on Scribd.

How your research and planning has informed your practical production:
For the music video I remember that we looked at other videos and counted the number of shots used so that we knew what to aim for. This meant that our video wasn't too slow or too fast. Looking at the conventions of the genre helped to guide us in terms of costume, make up and location. Without the initial research filming would have taken a lot longer and the outcome wouldn't have been as good.
Also, for the ancillary products how the different details of the products such as the record company logo and barcode may have been forgotten if we didn't have something to base the product upon. The layout of the digipak and advert were heavily based on existing products too.

How did your research into genre contribute to your production work?
A lot of the pop/rock genre music videos we looked at used both narrative and performance in their music video which is what we did. The costume and make up was always a big part of the video so we spent a lot of time working out what was going to be worn.
For the ancillary products a lot of the rock genre CD covers and adverts that I looked at were quite simple, usually using dark colours and bold fonts. The adverts usually used the front cover image of the CD with text added.

How did your research into audience contribute to your production  work?
The feedback I got made me re-evaluate my initial ideas such as font choice. After talking to Mr Ford I changed the font on my ancillary products. He also suggested some ideas for layout because initially my images and text were too spread out, leaving too many gaps.
For the music video we were told that the running shot should be taken out, which it was. We also had issues with the lighting in the draft stage which was picked up on in audience feedback.

What pre-production planning techniques did you employ (scripting, storyboarding, shot listing)  and how effective was your planning? How did it help in the production phase?
Storyboarding was a vital part of the pre-production phase and was very helpful as planning. We were able to use the storyboard in many ways too; we used it to build the narrative in the planning stage, then for filming shots and finally for editing. We did also create a shot list which we did use for filming but not as much as the storyboard.

How did you use audience feedback to influence your production work while it was in progress?
After filing the draft video Mr Ford told us that the close up shots worked really well to add emotion and that we should use more. So when we filmed for the second time we made sure to add more close ups in.

No comments:

Post a Comment